Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dinner - Palisades (Grenache Blends)


Every Thursday, Palisades does a food and wine pairing. This week's theme was focused on a Grenache blend. This tasting had a pairing of three different foods with three different wines. The three different Grenache blend wines we were able to try were Honoro Vera, Little James' Basket Press, and Loose End. I went to the Palisades tasting with my parents and one of my friends.




This is the spread of our food and wine for the evening. The first wine we had was a Honoro Vera Grenache paired with a goat cheese salad. The second wine was a Little James' Basket Press Grenache paired with Arbol Chili Pork w/ Rhubarb Chutney. The third wine we had was a Loose End Grenache paired with a roasted shallot chocolate thimble with spicy cherry.




The Honoro Vera Grenache is a 2012 from Spain. This wine had a cherry taste to it, and not much of a peppery hint to it at all. I really enjoyed this wine. When paired with the food, I thought this wine didn't change in taste much. I liked that wine taste stayed the same. This wine was good and I would like to have it again.


This is a picture of my mom and I at the tasting. In my hand I have the Little James' Basket Press Grenache. This Grenache is from 2012 in France. This wine had a black cherry taste to it as well as a subtle hint of spice at the beginning which I liked. Once I tried the wine with the pork, it made the spice and pepper really stand out. The pork had some spice t it as well which I think really brought out the pepper in the wine. Once I tried the wine with the food, the wine was a little to peppery for my taste.





The picture to the left is with my friend Katie. The third wine that we tried was the Loose End Grenache from Australia in 2008. This wine had a light cherry taste to it. It was pretty smooth and slightly dry. This wine was slightly sweet but not too much, so it paired well with the chocolate thimble. I really enjoyed this wine. It was my favorite of the night.




This dinner gave me the opportunity to try some different Grenache blends that I wasn't familiar with and gave me the opportunity to try some food I don't typically eat. I'm glad I was able to attend this dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment