Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting-Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado


Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Price: $3.95
Year: NV

Winery review: Rose salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms "lace" and "rosary". In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated "perlage" with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.

My review: Has a metal and copper smell to the wine. It was a smell I hadn't encountered before with all the wines I've tried. It was a bubbly wine with a citrus taste to it as well as a floral taste to the wine. It was just slightly dry but not too much. This wine was okay, but I would not buy it myself.

Did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment