Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting-Torre Castillo Alegre


Name: Torre Castillo Alegre
Variety: 100% Monastrell
Region: Jumilla
Country: Spain
Price: $9.95
Year: 2010

Winery review: 4 months in new American oak barrels. Bright ruby-red. Dried cherry, pipe tobacco and rose aromas, with a hint of woodsmoke. Sweet and fleshy on the palate, with blackberry and cherry flavors complimented by licorice and a suggestion of dried herbs. The cherry and smoke notes repeat on the finish.

My review: This wine had an interesting smell to it. I thought it smelled like a sweet candy, but it took me awhile to be able to identify the smell. The candy smell was almost like Twizzlers. The wine had a cherry taste with a definite tobacco and smoke taste in it. The taste was not exactly what I was expecting to be paired with the smell of the wine. I'm not a huge fan of the strong smoke taste, so I thought this wine was just okay.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment