Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting-Canyon Road Chardonnay


Name: Canyon Road Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Price: $6.95
Year: 2011

Winery review: Medium-bodied wine with notes of crisp apple and ripe citrus fruit with a hint of cinnamon spice. Delicious complement to grilled chicken, lighter pasta dishes or mild cheeses.

My review: I thought this wine had a citrus smell to it and I could very faintly pick up a smell of apple to it as well. I thought there was a pear taste to the wine with some slight apple as well. I thought it was interesting that there was no citrus flavor considering the scent was strong. It is not acidic at all, but a slight oak taste at the end. I really enjoyed this wine.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment