Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting-Montebuena



Name: Montebuena
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Price: $8.95
Year: 2010

Winery review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.

My review: There is a definite and strong cherry smell to the wine. It is a pretty smooth wine to drink. The wine has a cherry taste to it but a definite smokiness to the wine. I think the cherry is harder to detect because the smokiness overpowers the cherry. I like that this is a red wine that doesn't have much of a spice to it. I thought this wine wasn't bad.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment