Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Domaine de Grange de Payan


Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Grenache
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Price: $8.95
Year: 2011

Winery review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My review: I didn't think this wine had a super strong smell that was easy to pick up with my cold. But I was able to detect a slight raspberry smell to the wine. When I would inhale strongly, I could pick up the smell of pepper to it. When tasting the wine, I detected the flavor of cherry to it. I think it also had a slight pepper or zesty flavor to it as well. Being the same grape as the wine before, I thought this one was not as spicy as the one from Spain. I liked the Spain one better because it didn't have the pepperiness to it.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment