Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Maipe Malbec Rose


Name: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Price: $7.95
Year: 2011

Winery review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.

My review: This wine had a stronger smell, which made it easier to help identify scents while I had a cold. I definitely detected a fruity and berry smell to the wine with a focus of strawberry to it. I smelt more strawberry to it, but when tasting it, I definitely picked up on the cherry taste in it. I thought there was a strawberry taste to it as well, but much more subtle than the cherry. It was a dryer wine than I expected it to be. I thought this wine was good and I enjoyed it.

I did not try this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment