Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Potluck Sweet Malbec


Name: Potluck Sweet Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Price: $7.95
Year: 2010

Winery review: Deep red brilliant with violet hints. Complex, fruity, and predominant red fruits. Easy to drink, round with persistent sweetness, very well balanced with sweet tannins.

My review: This wine had a nice sweet and fruit smell to it. I think one of the fruits was a slight smell of raspberry in the wine. When tasting this wine, I thought it was fairly light for a red wine and pretty easy to drink. This wine had some definite sweetness to it, which makes me understand why it is paired with dessert. Even with the sweetness to the wine, it was slightly dry at the end, which I think shows that this is still a red wine. This wine was pretty good.

I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment